Hyperlink V3 - Kite Only with bag
The Hyperlink is a true multipurpose foil kite, bridging the gap between inflatables and foils - dynamic and engaging to ride with high performance characteristics. The third version brings a new feeling of performance and covers almost every aspect of Kiting. Free ride, hydrofoil, boost and float, air style or unhooked, backcountry snow missions, you name it and deliver it!
Transverse Sail Shaping
The Leading Edge now features Transverse Sail Shaping creating a cleaner surface on the most important area of the aerofoil. The result is less turbulent airflow and longer skin adhesion, which positively effects the lift to drag ratio increasing overall performance.
Internal Diagonals and Straps
Internal span-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance, while allowing the top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designated profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
A New Plan-form and Bridle Line Layout
We have completely re-designed the third version incorporating new technology developed during the design process of our high performance race winning R1 V4 and Chrono V4 A new plan-form, bridle line layout, internal structure, Transverse Sail Shaping and increased cell count make the Hyperlink V3 more dynamic to fly, sitting further forward in the wind window with increased drive upwind and less physical to ride than the V2. Additionally, the bar pressure has been reduced with the option to increase or decrease by simply adjusting the Brake Line Settings.
These new design features and performance attributes make the Hyperlink V3 feel lighter and more playful in the air. Handling and power generation through turns is where it excels making it a fun kite for active flying when the conditions are light.
4-line Closed Cell and 5-line Open Cell modes
The Hyperlink comes standard in 4-Line Closed Cell Mode, utilizing our Front Line Flag Out Release System. This is recommended for water use – it is a simple and effective flag out when the Quick Release is activated – it works the same way as our 4-line inflatable water kite range. The optional 5-Line Internal Re-Ride Release System Conversion Kit is recommended for snow or land use. The Internal Re-Ride Release System de-powers the kite instantly without tangling, and falls to the ground to relaunch when ready.
4-line Closed Cell mode
· 4 Line Closed Cell Mode is recommended when riding on water.
· Inflation is quick and smooth after pre-inflating the kite.
· If you are already an inflatable kite rider it will only take you one session to get to know the Hyperlink.
· For twin tip riders once the kite is in the air and powered up the similarities to an inflatable kite can be felt.
· It has progressive handling, generates smooth consistent power, great upwind performance and jumps well with long hang time and smooth landings.
· Ideal for Foil Board riding, the Hyperlink produces more power than an inflatable kite size per size - this means you can use a smaller more maneuverable kite to generate power.
· Maneuvers are made easy thanks to the stability and lift produced as the Hyperlink flies through the zenith – a great help when learning to tack and gybe giving you time and float to change board direction.
· In light winds the Hyperlink will fly above you unlike inflatable kites that have a tendency to fall out of the sky. This makes getting set up for starting stress free.
5-line Open Cell mode
· 5-Line Open Cell Mode is recommended when riding on snow or land.
· Similar inflation as in Closed Cell Mode, slightly quicker due to the valves being open.
· Snow and land riding are a blast, the easy inflation and Internal ReRide Release System means it can be taken anywhere safely.
· The Hyperlink combines the perfect balance of handling, pop and float to make the most of terrain and flats.
More Dynamic To Fly
The upper wind range also has been massively increased to be comparable with a similar size inflatable kite. The increased handling, lighter bar pressure and power generation through the turns make it the dream waterkite and snowkite.
High Performance Ultra Light Materials
Durable, airtight and lightweight double rip-stop Nylon material for the upper and lower surfaces. The material has a unique formulated coating to help shed water, improving flying characteristics and water re-launch.
Brake Line Settings
Three settings allow you to fine tune kite feedback and bar pressure to your liking. It is quick and easy to change with no extra lines to add or remove. All-round – The ideal balance in performance and feeling for most riders and conditions. The All-round setting is the middle knot on the PB1 line (factory setting). Twin Tip – Increases bar pressure and offers a sharper, more direct feeling perfect for Twin Tip riding. If you prefer a heavier and direct feel this could be the setting for you. The Twin Tip setting is the lower knot on the PB1 line. Hydro foil – Decreases bar pressure with a longer lifting period perfect for foiling maneuvers. The Hydro Foil setting is the upper knot on the PB1 line.